Sunday, December 4, 2011

We're Back From The Islands

We have returned from the Islands of Hawaii, and we had a wonderful time.  We arrived in Maui on Tuesday.  Spent the entire day at the beach with our good friends the Eyres.  We went to the beach and played in the sand and surf.

Had and Cam back together again, like Pb and Jelly.


On Thanksgiving Day I ran a 16 mile race with one of the Maui running clubs.  I lead the women the first 8 miles, and then.... the next 7 miles were up hill.  Not a little hill, but up the side of a crater.  I lost my standing.  And I must say the running clubs in Maui are no joke.  There were no mile markers and only two unmanned water stations.  I didn't even find the first water station.  After my race, Aja and I cooked our turkey who I named Pablo.  He was a very tasty bird.

Uma and I working on Pablo for dinner.  I was still in my race clothes.

Friday, again we explored the island and took the Eyres to our favorite beach DT Flemming.  Our kids just had the best time and hanging out with the Eyre family made us want to move to Hawaii even more.



We then went to Oahu.  I can tell you now that Waikiki is not our place.  But we did have a good time and loved the Northshore.  We had a chance to check our the Triple Crown and spent most of our time on the beach.



The only low point we had on this trip is that Uma and Fox both had the stomach flu. So the Hilton Grand Vacation Club house keeping staff may not love us.  Both kids have fully recovered now and everyone is happy to be home with our pets and getting ready for Christmas.


Uma and Fox watching the Triple Crown

Gary and I on our date night in Waikiki

Payton after boogie boarding all day

My favorite pic of Uma on the Northshore

No comments:

Post a Comment